National Archaeological Museum Private Tour
We will get back to you shortly, Monday through Friday.
Mysteries at the
National Archaeological Museum
or Sign language (upon request)
The National Archaeological Museum of Athens is considered to be one of the greatest museums in the world. Housing the richest collection of Greek artifacts from antiquity, it is a must-visit for anyone interested in Greek history and culture. From the Prehistoric times to the Classical Era and the Roman Period, the history of Greece will unravel before our eyes in this creative and interactive private tour. What mysteries and dark secrets lie behind some of the Museum’s artifacts?
HIGHLIGHTS WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT PRACTICAL INFO
- “This was our second visit to the National Archaeological Museum. During our first visit, we did not hire a tour guide, which was a mistake. The museum did not provide any written material and we were left to wander the halls, passing by all those beautiful sculptures and artifacts without really learning about them or their history. This time we booked a guided tour with Greek TravelTellers and it really paid off. The way our guide presented the artifacts was really interesting and fun. He encouraged us to notice details by ourselves and had prepared interactive activities which helped us understand the history and the people that created those fascinating artifacts! I definitely recommend it.”
- Judith R, Australia
- "Excellent and very educative tour in one of the best museums we have ever visited! Our guide, Michalis, was very knowledgable and helpful. We had very interesting conversations about many of the artifacts and he was very kind and patient with us. He had prepared some interesting activities which made our time in the museum more relaxing and fun. Definitely a tour that I would book without hesitation!"
2. What you can expect
This private tour will take place inside the National Archaeological Museum which houses countless treasures of ancient civilizations in an enormous neoclassical building. After meeting with our storyteller and expert guide, the adventure in the Museum begins! The beautifully presented exhibits are displayed mainly thematically. We will navigate from the Archaic period to the Classical Era and from the Hellenistic to Roman times. Some of the most important artifacts of antiquity are housed in this museum; the Antikythera Mechanism, thought to be the world’s first computer; the Mask of Agamemnon, one of the most famous golden artifacts of the Greek Bronze Age; the marvelous artifacts of the Artemision shipwreck, found by sponge divers at the bottom of the Aegean Sea.
We will also have a tour and admire the famous sculpture collection. Exquisite sculptures, pottery, jewelry, frescoes and artifacts… each piece has a beautiful story to tell about ancient Greek society and its people. We will walk through thousands of years of history. It could take several visits to appreciate the Museum's vast holdings, but we have prepared a unique and interactive tour with creative activities that will help you learn without getting tired! At the same time, we will unravel the mysteries and dark secrets behind some of the most famous exhibits!
3. Practical Info
||English, French, Sign language (upon request)
Daily, flexible starting time
Starting from €240
|Good to know:
- This is a private, guided tour
- Inside the museum, there is a cozy cafe with a beautiful courtyard where you can enjoy a drink after the tour
- Excellent storyteller, state-licensed guide
- 2-hour guided tour of the National Archaeological Museum in Athens
- Civil liability insurance
- VAT and local taxes
- Entry fees
- Personal expenses
- Gratuities (optional)
The meeting point for this private tour is the entrance of the National Archaeological Museum. Detailed meeting information will be sent to you upon booking.