2-day inspirational excursion to Athens
We will get back to you shortly, Monday through Friday.
Life & Death in Ancient Athens
A Rite of Passage
or Sign language (upon request)
Duality... Binary relations present in every human’s life. Join us in this 2-day Athens excursion and let’s walk together through the meanings of life with the help of great men's words and tales from the ancient Gods themselves! Join us into a passage from life to death and from death to life again; on a journey of self-discovery and realization.
HIGHLIGHTS ITINERARY PRACTICAL INFO
- Travel to the sacred site of Eleusis to meet Goddess Demeter and delve into the secrets of the Eleusinian Mysteries, the most sacred rites of Ancient Greece
- Learn about the ancient art of pottery and be an artist of ceramics yourself!
- Explore Kerameikos, the gateway to Athens and the place where Pericles delivered his famous eulogy
- Visit the gardens of transformations and connect with nature itself through her spirits and protectors, the Nymphs!
Morning - Kerameikos: the historical gateway to Athens
Thousand of pieces of history and emotions; Kerameikos is not just an ancient cemetery. All the ideals, the values and the spirit of ancient Athens are concentrated here. This is where Pericles delivered his famous eulogy in honor of the war dead, with his famous maxim ‘equal justice under law’. This is where the Panathenaea festival and the procession of the Eleusinian Mysteries would start; a celebration of life and a rite of death and rebirth! We will explore this majestic place with interactive activities and we will travel back in time with our endless imagination!
Late afternoon - Pottery workshop: creation and connection
Kerameikos is named after the ancient settlement of potters in the area. In the afternoon, you will have the opportunity to learn about the ancient art of ceramics from pottery artists themselves! You will have plenty of time to create your very own masterpiece, which can be delivered to you back home.
Morning - Eleusis: unlocking the Mysteries
The Eleusinian Mysteries were the most sacred and secret religious rites of ancient Greece. The penalty for speaking of the Mysteries was death… This morning we follow the Sacred Way to Eleusis, crossing by car the same distance the ancient people did on foot during their holy procession. There, we will meet Goddess Demeter in her Temple and her daughter Persephone. Hopefully, we will be accepted into the Mysteries and be able to enter the inner sanctuary of the Temple, a place that kept its secrets for more than 1500 years…
Late afternoon - National Gardens: the fruits of Demeter
In the afternoon, Demeter, as the Goddess of the fertility of the Earth, will guide us to the National Gardens of Athens. The beautiful gardens offer more than 1000 species of plants and trees from all over the world. We will have to follow the path of the Nymphs in order to discover the indigenous Mediterranean trees. Our path will lead us to a garden of forgotten history, where we will have a 'picnic' of indigenous Greek herbs! Prepare for an evening full of tales, games and most importantly, a journey of redefining our connection to nature!
3. Practical Info
||English, Sign language (upon request)
||All year round
||370 euro per person (for a group of 4)
|Good to know:
||This is a private tour only; suitable for families
- Guided tours in all parts of the 2-day excursion
- Services of our amazing storytellers and state-licensed guides
- All materials necessary for the realization of the activities during this excursion
- Private car with a professional driver to Eleusis and back to Athens
- All taxes
- Accommodation, flight tickets
- Entry fees to the archaeological sites
- Meals, unless otherwise stated in the itinerary
- Gratuities (optional)
For the detailed itinerary of this Athens excursion and for question please send an inquiry.