"We booked a 6 hour private history and food tour and we had a wonderful experience! It was like being shown around Athens by a friend. We loved how our guide shared history, mythology, philosophy, and current cultural insight. The food was excellent. Highly recommend for a professional but fun tour."
- Samantha H, TripAdvisor
2. What you can expect
This guided, walking tour of the highlights of Athens offers you a unique opportunity to discover the city's best sights and food culture. This experience embraces the philosophy of 'slow travel'. We slow down to enjoy the simple things Athens has to offer and be present to experience them with the locals. We walk and explore the city's alleys and culture with all of our senses, trying to beat the crowds at the famous sights we explore.
Your expert, state-licensed guide will not only unravel the history and hidden gems of the Acropolis and other iconic landmarks but also provide you with an authentic taste of Greek culture. You'll savor an atuhentic souvlaki and a traditional Greek coffee, prepared in time-honored fashion, granting you the opportunity to immerse yourself in the rich customs and traditions of Greece.
History, mythology, culture and gastronomy come together in this 6-hour, unique guided tour of Athens' highlights to offer you an immersive and authentic experience.
Landmarks and places of interest
- Acropolis Hill (Parthenon, Erechtheion, Propylaea, Temple of Athena Nike)
- Odeon of Herodes Atticus, Ancient Theatre of Dionysus
- Tower of Winds and Roman Agora (from outside)
- Plaka and Anafiotika neighborhoods
- Arch of Hadrian and Temple of Zeus (panoramic view from the Acropolis Hill)
- Monastiraki and Psyri neighborhoods
- Stoa of Attalos and Temple of Hephaestus in Ancient Agora
- Dionysiou Areopagitou Street
- Traditional Greek coffee with baklava or spoon sweets
- Cold cuts and cheeses from all over Greece
- The best Greek souvlaki in town
- Sweet lukumades to die for
*Kindly note that depending on the starting time, some tastings may be replaced by others.